Default without defaulting..

Here is just a probably wacky idea, but I’d like to throw it up in the air, just to see how it falls back to the earth, for the sole benefit of my own wisdom. How to default “in style”, in an employment-friendly way: In short: Apply a haircut on bank...

How to reduce bailout interrest rates allowing everyone to save face

According to the EU/IMF directives, Irish deficit GDP has to be reduced by 9% of GDP (down from 12% to 3% GDP) within 3 or 4 years. The EFSF cost of funding is currently 2.8%, and the premium Ireland pays over that is 3%. Total: currently 5.8% Whenever Ireland will...

Rethoric to use in front of France & Germany

1. A point of history: Over the past 15 years, Ireland often has had a budget surplus, while France and Germany often were in breach of the Maastricht criteria, for both Debt and deficit levels (2003 and after). Were France and Germany sanctioned for cheating their...